This tutorial is for those experiencing issues with this Steering Assist.
02546: Steering limit stop no or incorrect basic setting/adaptation
00778: Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
Steering light on dash
Tools Required for the job:
- Start the engine
- Turn the steering wheel 180 degrees to the LEFT
- Back to the middle
- Turn the steering wheel 180 degrees to the RIGHT
- Back to the middle (straight ahead)
- Leave the Engine running
- Open VCDS and go to 44-Steering Assist
- Click Login/Security OR Coding II – & enter 31857. (should say security code accepted)
- Click on Basic Settings
- Enter 060 in the group and click go.
- At the top Click ON/OFF few times.
- Close window and click on Fault codes – now you should only see error “02546”.
- Close VCDS.
- While the engine still running, Turn the steering wheel full lock to the left and hold for 5 seconds.
- Turn steering wheel to the right full lock and hold for 5 seconds.
- Return to the middle.
- Dash light should disappear immediately.
You may have to do same procedure in 03-ABS.